prue now on mooring

harry
not the best day to go to a mooring,force five wind and our high tide runs at 7 knots,but picked up morring first time,very handy having outboard on the starboard side,because I use a pickup line from the bow to the stern and just lean over and snatch on ,no messing around on the bow,will sort out some pics,thanks to all for replies regards harry  safe sailing

what a day

harry
put prue on mooring yesterday,went over this morning to make sure it was alright,found her half full of water,as I was pumping her out I went round the hull,only to find a stream of water coming from the aft end of the starboard skeg,it had been repaired before,there was sign of hole on the other skeg,about in the same place,so had to be something to do with recovery on trailer,carried out repair,will check tomorrow and hope that is it,the person I got the boat from would not have known because he did not put it in water,but the owner before must have known,any one on the forum in my area does any one know,regards harry   safe sailing...

Re: what a day

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Harry,

Not a pleasant experience! I sympathise.

If you use the site's search box (at the right of the main menu on every page) you'll find that the only mention of Lulubelle has been in the "For Sale" section. I posted an advert emailed to me in June 2015 - that's where I picked up the #371 sail number - and thereafter I have noted eBay adverts which I have linked to.

There is a phone number in the initial advert.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography

looking for another sea hawk

harry
another day of pumping out,more repairs,am now taking it out of the water on Friday ,and returning it to the person I got it from,and money back,another 750 miles trip,the joys of boating,so any one who knows of a (SH) for sale please contact me regards harry    safe sailing

Re: looking for another sea hawk

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Harry,

That is a right pain. I'm only glad it has not put you off SeaHawks altogether.

The only SeaHawk that I am aware of that is for sale at the moment is the 2-berth  Sophia.

Like Lulubelle, I know nothing more about the boat than is said and shown in the advert. However, in this case I have had correspondence with the owners about pricing as I have been told that there has been no interest shown in it.

On the basis of the advert only, I have told the owner that I feel the asking price seems appropriate and can only put the lack of interest down to the boat being away from popular cruising grounds. I also believe it has never been advertised on the sites I recommend on the tips for sellers page.

It could be that you could do a very good deal on that boat, if it has not been sold since my last contact with the seller.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography

Re: looking for another sea hawk

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Took a browse at Gumtree just now and have found a boat that is more local to you!

I've added it to the For Sale section on the forum.

(It's prompted me to add Gumtree to those I suggest to search on when looking for a SeaHawk.)
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography

keeping my boat

harry
the person I got the boat from said he did not want it back,so did a really good deal,and am now keeping it,will take it off the mooring on Friday,and put my other boat on for the season while I work on the keel of prue safe sailing