dec.2012 seems a long time ago.

peter o'sullivan
just to let you know that my seahawk will be in the water in the next few weeks.it seems a long time ago now since i bought this little boat and started working on her and the heaviest trailer in the world. first i had to devise a way to support the boat while i pulled out the knackered trailer and repaired,then modified it. then found an old friend who machined me a new mast foot. replaced all the windows. replaced the mast support in the cabin as the old one rotted. repaired the drop keel and got it working again found someone who made me a cabin door which is perfect. i managed to buy a superb 8hp mariner outboard which may seem a bit big, but when the tide is pulling out on the blackwater i would rather have a bit in reserve and get home. i got a tiller from a topper and modified it to suet . all that and more though could not dampen the pleasure i will get from sitting in my little boat afloat. she will not be the prettiest out there but she will do me. next winter is when i intend to spruce her up. looking forward to getting some photos and hopefully work out how to send them to the forum. thanks for reading my posting peter o'sullivan.

Re: dec.2012 seems a long time ago.

GregSeaHawk
Hi Peter,

Good to hear from you after a more than a year. It sounds as if it's been time well spent.

There's some worthwhile information about getting photographs uploaded in the best way at:
https://forum.seahawk17.org.uk/Inserting-Images-in-the-Forum-tp1599211.html

When you get to that stage, you might consider making a new folder in the "My boat" section - but do read the notes at the top of the page carefully.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography