Wingsail Testing on a Seahawk

winghawk
Visitors to Hickling Broad this year may have noticed an very unusual rig on my Seahawk "C-Auk".
I have been testing a self-trimming wingsail rig I designed.

As a long time member of AYRS (Amateur Yacht Research Society) I have been working on new ideas for a number of years, and these are described on my website http://www.sailwings.net my ideas are very forward looking - some would say "unusual" - and my first project was to design a boat powered by a wind-turbine that could sail directly to windward! A description of the tests I did on the Seahawk are described on the site.