Seahawk in Florida

Tom Altee
Hello - Just purchased a 1973 model. I'm still in the dark as to how she made her way to the sub-tropics an the other side of the Atlantic.  I have a packet of names and old photos yet to be opened. It might be possible that she is the only SeaHawk in the United States.  Anyone have a clue.  Here's a photo of her just taken at 8pm today.

Re: Seahawk in Florida

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Tom,

As I think I replied elsewhere on the forum, I am aware of a SeaHawk in Vermont, two bought in New Jersey, one of which went to North Carolina and a fourth in Arkansas.

I have pictures of all except the (unnamed) Arkansas boat owned by Nate Preisendorfer (or so I guess from his email address).

The name of the Vermont boat has also not been revealed nor do I know the surname of Brian, who owns it, but believe the initial is "R".

Puffin, owned by Bryan Baylor, was the boat that went to North Carolina, and Karina Aileen, owned by David Wisser, is the other New Jersey boat.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography

Re: Seahawk in Florida

Tom Altee
I probably got the boat that went to North Carolina as I bought her in Georgia just down from there, more or less.  About to open up the packet I received with her and settle in for a read. I'll report back later on what it says...

Re: Seahawk in Florida

Tom Altee
There was a registration issued to this boat in the State of Maine for a 1973 Hurley fiberglass Hull serial #310173.

Re: Seahawk in Florida

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Tom,

That's interesting. There's no boat been found in Europe that has a hull number! Perhaps such things were a condition of import.

I gather that masses of paperwork is needed for boats in the US. Almost nothing is required in the UK.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography

Re: Seahawk in Florida

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Tom,

A further thought, in the UK that number could be interpreted as a date - 31 January 1973 - but no boat has a hull date either, as far as I know! I await a photograph with interest!
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography

RE: Seahawk in Florida

Tom Altee
Everytime you turn around in this country you're breaking some law.  Laws you don't know about or have never even heard of.  It tiresome.  Over lawed, over-lawyered and over run.  This country is starting to bug me....But it's a damned beautiful place.

RE: Seahawk in Florida

Tom Altee
I have an interior construction medallion photo that I am again having trouble uploading.  Is there a lag time from clicking buttons until it loads on the posting?

RE: Seahawk in Florida

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Tom,
Surfed (Tom Altee) wrote
I have an interior construction medallion photo that I am again having trouble uploading.  Is there a lag time from clicking buttons until it loads on the posting?
You do have to wait for any file to upload to the Nabble servers. If you have a slow connection and you are attempting to upload an image direct from a camera it can take minutes before anything seems to happen. Even if you have requested on the dialogue to post a small picture your entire multi-megabyte file will have to be uploaded first, before Nabble can do the re-size.

It means it's always sensible to use your preferred photo editing software to resize to sensible dimensions locally (I recommend a maximum of 750px wide to fit in the forum) before attempting the upload.

I see you have started using email to post. If you do then it's a good idea to delete the original text rather than post your reply above it. Bare in mind that for those reading your posts on the forum they'll have seen the original message and don't need it quoted in full. In general you should only quote just enough original text to put your comment in context.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography

RE: Seahawk in Florida

Tom Altee
Completely have it figured out now.  So my University education was not a waste!  The Construction Medallions are Brit as per Wikipedia.

RE: Seahawk in Florida

Tom Altee
Medallion pics are posted in the My Boat section.

RE: Seahawk in Florida

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Tom,

Do please stop posting one line messages over long posts that only have minimal relevance to your response.

I'm editing all your posts now to remove the garbage, to make things look better for those who only read the forum.

By all means quote the original text, but only enough to put your comment in context. (It's best to wrap the relevant text in < quote>... < /quote> tags and delete the rest.)
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography

RE: Seahawk in Florida

The Seahawk Guy
Please Tom, take heed of Greg's words, it's getting very tedious!

RE: Seahawk in Florida

Tom Altee
My apologies to all....

Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 15:35:56 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: RE: Seahawk in Florida

Please Tom, take heed of Greg's words, it's getting very tedious!

http://seahawk-forum.968426.n3.nabble.com/Seahawk-in-Florida-tp4023913p4023951.html
To unsubscribe from Seahawk in Florida, click here.
NAML