Line Drawings

mike53
Hello,

Does anyone have any high resolution copies of Seahawk line drawings? I found the ones on (I assume) Greg's photobucket but unfortunately many of the annotations are unreadable due to the file size...

Many thanks

Michael

Re: Line Drawings

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Michael,
mike53 wrote
Does anyone have any high resolution copies of Seahawk line drawings? I found the ones on (I assume) Greg's photobucket but unfortunately many of the annotations are unreadable due to the file size...
Anything found on my Photobucket account is there in order for the image to appear on the site so the image you found or a better version is likely to be found on the main site somewhere. (The Photobucket account dates from the days when I ran out of the free web space from a dialup account.)

Can you say what are you looking for? I might be able to point you to something on the site, or provide the missing information that is too small to read.

However, be prepared to wait a week or two. I'm currently on the Middlewich Branch of the Shropshire Union Canal aboard nb Adderbury and within a week of getting back I'm getting married and there's lots to get ready.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography

Re: Line Drawings

Tom Altee
See my HMS Surprise posting under English Rose. I will provide one for free. Painted and suitable for framing or in plain black and white. Your call.

Tom Altee
San Marco, Florida

Re: Line Drawings

GregSeaHawk
Hi Michael,

I'm now married and the last of the family member guests left this afternoon. Let us know in more detail what you are looking for and I'll see what I can find.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography

Re: Line Drawings

brian johnson
Congratulations to Greg and Mrs Greg!
Brian

Re: Line Drawings

mike53
Tom, thanks for the kind offer but I'm not looking for anything quite as grand as your incredible artwork, those pictures really are excellent though !

Greg, congratulations to you and the missus!

What I'm actually after is a higher resolution version of this:

http://www.seahawk17.org.uk/description/pictures/seahawkprofile.png

or this:

http://s906.photobucket.com/user/seahawk-17/media/description/mk2-drawingfull.jpg.html

or this:

http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=6065

or something along those lines, mainly for the purpose of colourising to get an idea of what colour scheme will look good.

Mike

Re: Line Drawings

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Mike,
mike53 wrote
Greg, congratulations to you and the missus!
Thanks to both you and Brian.
What I'm actually after is a higher resolution version of this:
http://www.seahawk17.org.uk/description/pictures/seahawkprofile.png
That image is lifted from the original of the following image:
The original provided to me is available for download at the "Technical Drawing" link at:
http://www.seahawk17.org.uk/description/cabin.htm#vberth
Obviously, the disadvantage with it is that it has the section lines over it which might spoil the effect you seek to add.

This is a re-drawing done by the Saildata site from the images at:
http://www.seahawk17.org.uk/reviews/yw.htm
The version supplied to me was an A4 photocopy which I scanned and enlarged the various parts. I wouldn't be able to produce a significantly improved copies than those which appears on the site. You'd probably better off copying and editing the version from the site.

I do have an original "blueprint" at 1.5" to the foot, which David Cornabe passed to me, dating from 2004 when he was considering taking up manufacture of SeaHawks. It even includes the hull plank lines. However, the image suffers from multiple folds and creases and the lines are near illegible on what is now very fragile browned paper (reflecting the old spirit-based technology used to produce it).

I'd probably tear it in trying to get reasonable scans of, which I'd then have to stitch together. It would be a major project of restoration which, unfortunately I don't have time for at the moment.
something along those lines, mainly for the purpose of colourising to get an idea of what colour scheme will look good.
I suspect you might be better off getting someone to play with some photographs with PhotoShop, which would also give them a chance to produce images from multiple angles and give a more "real-world" impression of your various ideas.